Monday, March 3, 2014

Ideal Protein, another opinion

Welp, I did it guys; I started Ideal Protein. My main reason is that with my fibro, I can't exercise without causing a flare up, and I don't know how to eat not just carbs. And I'd love to lose the 20 lbs I've been carrying for years now. So I started last Monday and my opinion?

UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Here's the deal: Ideal Protein means you're going to be eating a butt load of veggies, and I absolutely hate veggies. But I knew this going into it, and it's another reason I decided to do it; I'm hoping it will MAKE me like veggies. David, on the other hand, loves vegetables. Always has, that crazy guy. So though the diet has been tough for him because it really limited what he could eat, at least he gets to eat lots of stuff he loves. Me? Now I can't have all the things I love, like cheese, rice, crackers, dark chocolate, bread. So I am much more grumpy about this whole ordeal.

In a way this is probably good for you guys, so you can see how the diet works for different kinds of people. If you already like veggies, IP isn't going to kill you. If you don't, prepare to suffer like me.

Now I could eat veggies if they were, say, covered in ranch dressing, or cheese, or whatever, but obviously that won't work. So we're really experimenting to see what'll get me to eat them. We just placed a big order with Walden Farms, who sell sauces/dips/dressings that work with IP. I've only had their ranch, and though it tastes nothing like ranch and leaves you feeling sad and empty inside, it does make salad eatable. Hopefully the other stuff we order will be good; I plan to talk about them once we get and try them.

I'm also looking into plenty of recipes that combine veggies with the IP packets. Granted, that doesn't really force me to taste the veggies, but at least I'm eating them.

And as a side note, the IP packets really are delicious. I can't complain about them at all (I wish I only had to eat them, that'd be way easier!). If you find you don't like them, experiment with Truvia, temperatures, and textures (we cook the vanilla shake into a pancake, I like to freeze the choc shake, etc).

So it's been a week since I started, and how much weight did I lose?

I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE ITS SNOWING YET AGAIN AND WE CAN'T GO ANYWHERE

Ahem. I'm a little tired of snow if you couldn't tell. Anywho, I'll let ya'll know how I do later. I have green beans to cook!

Click here to see David's results and FAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment