Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ideal Protein and Rosemary Lime Chicken

Two weeks ago, David started the Ideal Protein diet. It eliminates carbs, dairy, and fats, and focuses on lean meats and vegetables. So far he's lost about 20 lbs! It's very exciting, but also a pretty tough diet to follow. For breakfast he has an Ideal Protein packet, lunch is a packet, plus salad and two servings of vegetables, and dinner is a lean protein, with salad and two servings of vegetables. The key to making this easy is for me to find new and different way to prepare his food. David loves variety and can get bored with food pretty easily, so I've been doing what I can to change things up. I was never much of a cook, but coming up with these meals is getting me friendlier with our kitchen.

My go to lean meat is chicken breast, since its the easiest to cook, and one breast is normally his allowed 8oz. But coming up with flavor combos is tricky. I really am new to cooking! But I'm becoming more confident and proud of myself for trying new things.

There was a sale on limes recently, so I decided to give that a try with rosemary (I love love love rosemary). Lemon and rosemary is normally a go-to combo of mine, but doing lime instead added a fun twist.


Lime Rosemary Chicken

I eyeballed the rosemary, since I feel like you can never have too much. I sliced up a lime, placing two slices on each breast. Then I squeezed the ends of the limes over the chicken for a bit more juice. Then I added a little salt and pepper.

I also cooked up some zucchini and coated them in pepper, since David seems to love that (his love of vegetables amazes me). Apparently though I should have peeled them since their skin tastes bitter. Note for next time!

This was a super cheap, easy, healthy, and delicious meal. Will definitely make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment