Sunday, January 22, 2012

Food Tasting Round 1

We had our first food tasting for the wedding! It went pretty well and it was so fun getting to try a bunch of food! We tried four hors d'oeuvres first. I'm not going to tell you what we tried because I don't want to spoil the surprise. But two of them were really awesome. Then we tried two fish entrees and two chicken entrees. I was in love with both fish options (we picked the first one though, everyone loved that), but the chicken was kinda so-so. Because we couldn't really decide on that, we're going to do another tasting next Sunday. We'll try some more chicken, some more hors d'oeuvres, oh and also some sides.

Goodness it was fun! Part of me wanted to take pictures to show what we had, but mostly I want to wait till the actual reception.

In other news, David and I have become hooked on comics. He's devouring a bunch of Batman ones. I just read through the Y: The Last Man series, and I'm also reading any Batman comics that focus on Poison Ivy (my favorite villain). It's been fun going to the library and coming out with huge stacks of comic books.

I'm also still knitting, though I haven't really gotten better or farther. I found out there's this cool yarn shop in Downtown Fred that offers beginners classes, but I think I'll wait and ask for that for my birthday because of the money. I did get a library book on beginner's knitting though so maybe that'll help me out.

I'm still going to the Chiropractor. It's hard to say if much has changed, which isn't surprising given how bad my spine is. But the headaches are still pretty bad so it's been hard to do much (like hang with friends, arg!). I am hopeful, I just hate how helpless I am right now. But I've got comics, David, and knitting to get me through!

No comments:

Post a Comment