Friday, December 16, 2011

Funfetti Cake Bars

So the Computer Science department at UMW holds a Winter Wonderland party every year and being that this would be the last party we attend, I decided I wanted to make a dessert. I had planned on making this awesome strawberry dessert, but then I got hit with the flu. Luckily I was feeling good the day of, but I didn't have any ingredients for that dessert. I do try to always keep a box of Funfetti cake mix on hand, so I googled some recipes I could do last minute. I found Funfetti Cake Bars and decided to give them a go!

You will need:

1 1/4 cup funfetti cake mix
3/4 cup AP flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

8x8 pan
A good way to get butter to soften faster is to cut it all up and set it out on the counter.



Smig lumpy, time to use the hand mixer.

Ah, much better. It will be pretty thick fyi.

Spread it out as best you can and bake at 350 degrees for around 30 minutes.

All baked! Take it out when the middle is still floppy.

And here they are cut up! 

So what was the verdict? Delicious! Very rich and yummy, and everyone seemed to really enjoy them. I'm actually going to make them again for a Christmas Party I'm hosting soon. I highly recommend them!

Health factor: These are pretty easy to make, the only thing is that it can be hard to tell when they're done, so my anxiety goes up a bit over worrying that they won't be cooked all the way.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I GET TO SHOVE THESE INTO MY FACE! I'M SO EXCITED! CAN'T YOU TELL BY THE FACT THAT I'M USING CAPS?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha theres going to be so much food, prepare for sugar comas

    ReplyDelete